If you have not been to Las Vegas, you should! It is a very fun city with a lot to do and see. We just got back on Monday, August 21, 2017. I’ve narrowed it down to my top 5 places I think are worth a visit if you ever find yourself in Sin City.
1. Nacho Daddy’s has two great locations to choose from. There is one right on the Las Vegas Strip and one on Fremont Street aka Fremont Street experience. They have world famous scorpion shots! Yes, you read that right SCORPION SHOTS! You can order a shot of tequila with a scorpion, you also get to keep the shot glass and choose your tequila. I have to admit during my 1st and 2nd visits to Las Vegas I did not take the scorpion shots (I did attempt to though!) but this last time I did swallow the famous scorpion. No, they are not alive and cannot sting you. You will find great service, delicious nachos and you get bragging rights after you take down a scorpion!
2. THE Steakhouse at Circus Circus, located in Circus Circus. On our flight to Las Vegas the guy sitting next to us started up a conversation about where we should go and he highly recommended the steakhouse in Circus Circus. He basically stated the hotel itself was crappy and rundown but the steakhouse was worth a visit. After mentioning it to our bartender, she also agreed that the steakhouse was great. How could we not give it a try? After finding out the name of the steakhouse was actually called THE Steakhouse at Circus Circus we made a reservation and walked down the strip. The ambiance makes the restaurant seem very high class, and go figure we were very under dressed. We all ordered steak, how could you not in a place called THE Steakhouse? I got the petit filet (medium rare), it was served with béarnaise sauce, your choice of potato and salad all for $55. I shared a bottle of red wine with my room mate, it paired amazingly with the steak. It defiantly lived up to the recommendations, if you like a great steak at a reasonable place visit THE Steakhouse at Circus Circus.
3. Oyster Bar, located in Harrah’s. I’ve heard and read such great things about this place, I had to check it out! Plus I LOVE Oyster’s! We ordered the Oysters Royale, which are oysters served in a half shell with wasabi Caviar and chive Creme fraiche. They were some of the best I’ve ever had! If you like oysters, you have to check out this gem.
4. IN-N-OUT BURGER, now located right between the Flamingo and the Linq. I know you might think this place is overrated but here in Minnesota we don’t have the luxury of an IN-N-OUT BURGER. I was in heaven with the double cheeseburger after walking the Las Vegas strip and drinking beers.
5. The Chandelier, located inside of Aria. This bar is so gorgeous and unique. Complete with two bars and plenty of seating options. If you choose to sit upstairs you’ll find yourself inside a hugh chandelier. If you sit at the bar on the ground level you get a unique view up inside the chandelier. Either bar you have a gorgeous view. The upstairs bar happened to be closed when we visited but I have enjoyed a drink inside the chandelier, even if we had to sneak in (a corporate party reserve the whole upstairs bar). I highly suggest grabbing a drink here or a least checking it out.